Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week in Review #6

I believe this is our 7th week in school since I know there was a week where I didn't do a recap. :-p Hard to believe we've already been homeschooling for almost 2 months! The time is really flying. 

I have been loving the fall weather! I'm getting out the girls' fall and winter clothes, seeing what they have and what they need.  Autumn has 9 pairs of jeans. Oops. Guess I went a bit overboard there.  I forgot about all the stuff I saved from Hannah so I would buy pants if I found a good deal.  At least I didn't pay full price! :D Hannah should be good on clothes as well, except for pjs which is an easy fix.  Anyone who has any girl clothes size 6 they don't need anymore, give me a holler! :)

This week has been the most laid back.  We didn't accomplish all I would have liked but we did at least 3 subjects every day, and Hannah never got burned out.  She's quite vocal about when she wants to take a break, but I try to make sure she finishes whatever lesson she's doing. 

Hannah has done at least 20 pages this week from the Early Learner.  She will probably have that whole set done before Christmas! What will we do once that's done? :-p I like to let her pick what we do first and she always picks that. 

I gave her a spelling test yesterday.  She missed 3 out of 10.  Not too bad.  She's spelled 'there' 'thr' which I understood since it's a word that she doesn't see a lot in her reading book.  I should probably do an oral spelling test some time just to see how she does with that as opposed to writing it down. I also should have her write out the words she missed. A lot of things I'm still figuring out as we go along.

We went to Rotary Park twice this week.  Both have been lovely outings.  Ryan has been all about showing the kids different things in nature.  It was also just fun to get out of the house and go somewhere that didn't cost an arm and a leg to get in.

On a non-homeschool subject, Ryan came home from work last night and informed me that the hose on the radiator blew in his truck. Wow. Ryan is able to fix it himself, but it's just one of those inconvenient things you never expect to come up. Just glad it wasn't anything more serious. Other than that, the weekend is pretty tame.  I'm about to get the kids up from their nap.  I'm going to a candle party at my aunt's house tonight while my dad comes over to watch the girls.  Ryan will be at work.  Tomorrow is church and more bumming around the house. Gotta love it! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails