Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TAG! You're it!

These are always fun.  I was tagged by Tristan from Our Busy Homeschool.  I will answer the questions she listed, and then I will put in my own questions and tag who ever I want! :D

1.  What is one food or meal you love to eat that your family does not enjoy, so you don’t make it often? 

I actually really like brown rice, and I used to make this spicy chicken bake with it all the time.  Ryan isn't crazy about brown rice, so I don't make it very much.  Not to mention if you want to make it really good you have to cook it (by it I mean the real stuff...no Minute Rice here! :-p) in the oven for 45 minutes. 

2.  Tell me one thing you swore you would never do when you were a parent, but since having children of your own you have actually done.

Spanking. Oh, well.  Spare the rod and all that. :-p I am happy to say it is not an every day occurrence.  Taking away their bears seems more traumatic anyway.

3.  What character issue is God working on in your life right now?

PATIENCE!  Right now Hannah is having trouble grasping addition, and I know it's something that will just have to all of a sudden click in her brain.  I found myself just this morning getting very frustrated, but Hannah asked to pray for me so that brought me back to earth. :)

4.  What is your favorite household chore? How about your least favorite chore?

It's not done inside the house really, but my favorite is grocery shopping.  I enjoy using coupons and finding great deals while buying as healthy as we can afford. :) Not to mention I make it a requirement that I do it by myself.  Any parent can say shopping with kids period is not cool most of the time, and Ryan always finds stuff not on the list that we must have.  Yeah,we really needed that pound of salmon and the cedar plank to cook it on. :-/ 

My least favorite would be laundry.  I'm not very good at immediately getting the stuff out of the washer and dryer, and by the time I remember I'm usually busy with something else. It's also tedious folding the girls' clothes because they're still in small sizes. It does all get done even if it is stretched out a few days.

5.  As a homeschool mom, what is one area you feel you do well in, and one area you struggle with?

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing right but Hannah just loves doing school work! I don't know what I did to instill that, but I guess I'll keep doing it. :)

See #3 for one area I struggle with.  I think when you start homeschooling you just have to figure out what works for both you and your kids and what doesn't.  There are a couple subjects that Hannah flies right through and a couple others that we need to spend extra time on.  I can never tell you what to expect on any given day.  I've had a day where I planned to do five subjects and due to the happenings of the day we wouldn't get any school done.  Kinda throws you in a tailspin, so you have to learn to adapt real quick!

6.  Would you rather eat health food or exercise regularly? 

I actually love exercising...great to relieve frustrations and stresses of everyday life.  After a good workout I feel accomplished and rejuvenated, so I couldn't give that up.  I also like to eat. ;) I don't go crazy with the junk food but I do enjoy indulging once in a while. 

7.  What is one thing you love about your husband, and one thing that drives you bonkers?

What I love about Ryan is he does not procrastinate and he gets right on the ball with what need to be done.  He's not afraid of hard work and doing what he has to do to take care of his family.

Now that drives me crazy is that boy loves...to...TALK. *big sigh*  Something that takes 20 seconds to explain Ryan will take 5 minutes to explain it.  I've gotten used to it to a certain extent, but if I'm already in a bad mood I will not tolerate one of his jab sessions. :-o  

8.  When your kids all leave the nest what is one job you would like to try in all your free time?

Oh my gosh.  I can't even imagine that season in my life right now. Let's get through Kindergarten first. ;) I'm hoping to be a working writer of some sort by that time in my life.  I'm not looking to be a world renowned novelist (although that would be nice) but just earning income for writing would be just dandy. :) And I guess enjoying time with Ryan will be nice, too. LOL

Now it's time for my questions:

What is one movie you can watch over and over and never get sick of? (I'm going to be lame and say Titanic. Sorry, folks. ;) )

Tell me about the day you got saved.  (I was 13 and I got saved at church.  My Sunday school teacher led me to the Lord.  What's funny is there was no one else my age in our little bitty church, so I just had one on one time which was so awesome! I really enjoyed that.  Some years later I ran in to her (her name was Grace) and I was able to thank her for leading me to the Lord.  I'm really glad I was able to do that.)

What would you do with a day to yourself? (I would go for a pedicure and some shopping, although when I have done that I always pick up stuff for the kids. :-p I would hope to catch up on some scrapbooking since I'm in desperate need to do that)

What is the best thing about fall? (I have big laundry list of what I love about fall, but I would say going to the pumpkin patch and the many photo ops that come with that. :) Us in hoodies, carrying pumpkins.  Gotta love it!)

Early bird or night owl? (There was a time when I could stay up until all hours of the night just hanging out with friends, but now I much prefer getting up early to prepare myself for the day.  I like to read my Bible, get online, eat breakfast, etc, before my little herd stampede their way downstairs.)

I'm going to tag:

Grendy's Gifts
Mau Loa Mama
Life as His Wife
Confessions of a Homeschooler

and anyone else who wants to join in the fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails