Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tagged Again

1.How has your homeschooling philosophy changed over the years?

I've only been at it for 2 months, but I am learning to relax a little more and that if we don't tackle every subject during the day it's not the end of the world. 

2.What is one of your favorite “guilty pleasures”?

Buying scrapbook supplies.  I definitely don't scrapbook as often as I would like, but there's so much awesome stuff out there I like to make sure I have it on hand in case I ever get to it. :)

3.Favorite children’s author?

Judy Blume is my all-time favorite.  Unknowingly I have read everything she's written.  She's has written everything from children's book to novels.  I used to read the Fudge books out loud to my mom and we would be laughing so hard! She writes about real things kids think about, and her books are constantly challenged because of that (like puberty, racism, etc).  I say it's only because parents don't have open communication with their kids about these things, but I'm not going to get on my soap box. :-p

4.Favorite homeschool resource?

The library! Between the obvious (checking out tons of books!) and various programs (summer reading, story time), we are there a lot!  At least twice a week.  The ladies behind the circulation desk always recognize us and compliment Hannah on whatever earrings she happens to be wearing. :)

5.What is one of your secret ambitions?

To learn how to decorate cakes using fondant, like they do on Cake Boss.  Not necessary all detail like they do, but I would like to learn how to work with it.  I love baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes, so some day I'll buy the materials and see what I can come up with.
6.What is your favorite place you have lived?

Georgia, definitely.  Living near Savannah was so great.  There's no other city like it.  I loved it when the four of us would take a Saturday and play tourist on River Street.  I love and miss that Spanish moss!

7.What are your top 2 reasons for homeschooling?

This is the direction I felt God leading me.  Hannah and Autumn will also be influenced by the Lord through me and Ryan, rather than their peers.  I am very familiar with the negative influences at school, and my kids don't need to be exposed to that.

8.If life were simpler ;0) what would you like to spend more time doing?

Scrapbooking, writing, reading--pretty much anything that has to be saved for after the kids are in bed. :-p

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails