Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mid-South Homeschool Convention

This weekend I went to the Midsouth Homeschool Convention.  They offered many workshops on all sorts of aspects of homeschooling, but I was more excited though about the many many curriculum booths.  I was warned by another homeschool mom to leave  my checkbook at home, but I figured I would take the risk anyway. ;)  Today I browsed through the dozens of booths and looked at a lot of different material.  I will never cease to be in awe over how much is out there!  In the consignment booth, I found a few drawing books, long and short vowel workbooks, 1st grade spelling, and a storybook about a bear who loves to draw (how perfect, right? I read it to Hannah tonight and it's the sweetest story).  I also bought the math curriculum for next year.  We are using Horizons which I enjoy immensely.  Hannah does really well with it, too, and I'm guessing that's important also.  I'm thinking about getting their phonics set as well.  I could go on and on about all the many ideas I have, but I am sure there will be plenty of time for those posts in the future. ;)
I also joined the Memphis-Area Home Education Association which I have been meaning to do for a while.  They have different events throughout the year and even a kindergarten graduation! :-D

I love homeschooling!!

Have I said that already?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails