Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Musings

It must be Monday! My mood had tumbled off a cliff and went SPLAT at the bottom. This little gem you see above did not help a thing.  While the cord has been loose for a while when plugged in, it officially will not register unless it is placed just so.  I finally got it to register and taped it up as carefully as I could. Even as I type this it is still working well, but I'm afraid to move the computer anywhere.  Time for an upgrade perhaps?

Of course that wasn't enough. I dropped a glass on the kitchen floor and as I'm trying to make sure I got every single little piece swept up and thrown away, the kids both picked that time to ask me to "eat" their play-doh ice cream they were making at the table.  Later today we needed a few groceries, and I was looking forward to getting out of the house.  Couldn't find my keys. Argh.  I have an extra key, but it was still frustrating.  I had visions of them accidentally being knocked  into the trash and considered going through it (I just took it out this morning :-/), not at all looking forward to it.  God bless Hannah.  When I was obviously frustrated she said so sweetly, "Mama, you don't have to be frustrated.  I like for you to be in a good mood." Then she proceeded to give me a hug, and I felt like the worst mother ever. Or the best, depending on how you look at it. :-p

The day is now over, and I am pleased to say it ended well. Kids went to bed without a fight, I got a workout in (thanks Jillian Michaels!), and we got a good bit of school done this morning.  I definitely do not have a lot to complain about. Oh, yeah...I also found my keys. They had fallen into Hannah's workbox. Silly me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails