Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chicken Nuggets--some say like Chick Fila!

Ingredients

1-2 lbs. chicken breast, cut into nugget-sized pieces
1 cup milk
1 egg
canola or peanut oil
1 1/4 cup flour
3 Tbs powdered sugar
salt and pepper


Directions

Mixed the egg and milk.  Add chicken pieces.  Cover the dish and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Mix the dry ingredients in a gallon-size ziploc bag.  Put in chicken pieces, 5-10 at a time, shake until well coated.  Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.  Carefully add chicken.  Cook on each side until brown.  Drain cooked chicken on paper towels. 

My own tip: To lessen calories and add a boost of nutrition, I used Egg Beaters and skim milk plus whole wheat flour. 

Granted these will not be exactly like Chick Fila, but they're great if you don't have one in your city or if you're craving Chick Fila on a Sunday. ;)

This recipe came via Pinterest from My Name is Snickerdoodle.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids would love this. I wonder if omitting the sugar would still work? Thanks for sharing!

B.J. said...

Maybe it would still work...maybe replacing with your favorite seasoning or grated parmasean cheese!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I think I just found out what I making for dinner tonight. Thanks!

I am a new follower from the Friday Blog Hop. If you would like to come say hi, I'd love to see you at http://messforless.blogspot.com

Thanks! Vicky

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails