Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Worthwhile Day

This day just flew by! First the library for an Easter egg hunt and then grocery shopping (with the girls since Ryan had to go to work).  I was so proud of the girls for behaving, considering they were probably starving from not having lunch yet. We didn't get home until 1:30. Even though I had the kids with me, I was still able to get some good deals!




1 - Wheat Thin Stix
2 - Ronzoni Healthy Harvest spaghetti
2 - Ronzoni Smart Taste spaghetti
2 - Ronzoni Garden Delight spaghetti
3 - Pillsbury biscuits, 5 ct. each
1 - Hunt's ketchup
1 - Banquet chicken nuggets
1 - Oscar Mayer turkey bacon
1 - Perdue Short Cuts chicken breasts
1 - International Delight coffee creamer
1 - Dannon Dan-o-nino yogurt, 6 pk

Retail: $38.36 +tax
Paid: $14.19 +tax

The retail and what I paid are always somewhat similar. I do not plan that in anyway! It's just weird. :-/ Then again I'm not complaining about 64% in savings!

What really helped me was a couple items were marked down because they were a few days from expiration. Not to worry since they are items (such as the biscuits) that will definitely not go to waste. :)

On the subject of couponing, I have finally getting a chance to watch Extreme Couponing.  I saw the first special and was naturally amazed. Although some people are just obnoxious about the whole thing. 60 bottles of mustard? Come on. I'm sure other people would like some mustard, too. :-p  I really admired the mother of 7 who paid $6 for $555 worth of groceries.  Even all her kids helped her out. Good stuff.

Okay, I will end this with something more interesting and that is pictures of the girls at this morning's egg hunt:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails