Saturday, June 12, 2010

Y-E-S to V-B-S!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

This past week Hannah attended VBS at church, learning about the Lord and having a blast in the process. She came home every day with some sort of eclectic craft (hence the hat) and a new memory verse. Yesterday I asked her to say one of her verses from the week and she said "God has a plan. Jeremiah 29:11" Obviously, the abridged version to make memorization easier for the kids. :) I love this verse and it can get you through all kinds of hard times if you have the faith.
I know Hannah could have easily attended VBS every week all summer long, but after VBS week is done and over it is up to me and her daddy to continue to plant and water seeds of faith that will eventually come to her knowing Christ. She has recently started asking us questions about what's going on based on pictures in her children's bible. The other day we talked about Jacob and Esau, and she wanted to know why Esau was so mad. I know there are moments when Hannah wants to do some sort of activity (read, color, etc), and I'm "busy" with dishes, laundry, etc. While I do try to make sure my priorities are in line, I pray that when Hannah has a question about the Word I am immediate in dropping whatever I'm doing to answer. "The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening." " -1Samuel 3:10 Even though the first couple times Samual mistakened God's calling as Eli calling him, God continued reaching out to him. I know no matter what God will always be calling me for his will, and I hope that I don't let any of those precious moments pass me by.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails